Ultimate Guide to Attendee Event Registration + Tools and Tips
What are the first things people think of when planning an event? Event goals, objectives, location, date, food, beverages, design, and programming likely come to mind quickly, but an essential item needs to be added to this initial list. Event registration is one of the most critical aspects of an event and deserves dedicated attention. This guide covers everything you need regarding event registration, including tips, tools, and advice for executing a seamless event registration.
What is event registration?
Event registration is the process where businesses confirm audience attendance for an event and is often the first step in generating leads. During event registration, interested applicants visit a website or booth, provide demographic information, and receive a ticket to the event. If the event has an entry fee, applicants will be asked for payment at the time of registration.
Challenges in Event Registration
Event registration needs to be efficient and user-friendly. Additionally, the process must deliver a positive brand experience. Challenges can arise if the attendee registration process does not address these criteria. If the audience cannot locate the event registration page or remains unaware of the page’s existence entirely, then registration numbers will likely be lower. Prospective attendees will be deterred from registering if the registration system is glitchy or challenging to navigate.
Occasionally, even the most technically successful registration processes will miss out on the full potential available within the event registration process. Registration for a trade show, exhibition, or party is simple but can cultivate interest and lead to sales. Read on to learn how to optimize the attendee registration experience.
Tips for Better Attendee Registration
- Reach Your Target Audience – Take the time to develop a solid SEO strategy and social media marketing plan. Ensure that your registration tool is readily available where your audience spends significant time.
- Keep it Simple – If the registration process is complex or confusing, your audience will quickly lose interest. Be direct and concise, streamlining the process by consolidating questions and only collecting crucial information.
- Personalize the Content – Customize registration questions based on attendee type, ensuring that registrants only receive questions pertinent to them and guaranteeing the responses you need.
- Provide Convenient Customer Service – Enhance the registration experience with accessible, prompt, and thorough customer service support in preparation for any questions or concerns.
- Include Travel, Hotel, and Dining Reservation Options – If your event spans multiple days with an audience traveling to attend, show your hospitality by offering travel accommodations and recommendations for the area.
How to Find the Best Tool for Event Registration
To find the best tool for event registration, consider the following factors:
- Determine your budget. Look for a platform with multiple features that can maximize value throughout the event.
- Think about the user experience of your attendees and event staff. To streamline the experience, look for a tool that easily integrates lead capture solutions and other engagement elements.
- Evaluate your company’s capacity for customizing and managing a tool. If your tech resources are limited, look for a tool created by experts and trusted for events like yours.
Tools for Event Registration
Hamilton is a full-service event marketing agency with a 75-year legacy creating immersive brand experiences for companies throughout North America and around the world. We design, produce, and execute integrated experiences – exhibits, proprietary events and conferences, corporate environments, outdoor events, and mobile tours – that drive meaningful connections between your brand and your audience. We also offer award-winning digital solutions to transform your event registration and attendee experience.
Hamilton inSIGHT is a proprietary lead capture solution that allows brands to take their registration and lead capture to the next level with key features. The capabilities include multi-device compatibility, instant lead scoring, VIP alerts, interest indicator, custom qualifiers, dynamic literature fulfillment, photo capture, engagement integration, and more.
HUB LIVE is a “mobile first” web app platform that facilitates engagement and content delivery, whether in-person, virtual, or hybrid. A QR code activates the touchless attendee engagement solution. In addition to the customizable registration and engagement capabilities, platform features include interactive lead capture, a content library, meeting scheduler, hybrid audience support tools, and integration with CRM platforms and Google Analytics. The platform won the 2022 Gold AVA Digital Award in the Web-Based Production: Mobile Web Experience category because it allows brands to take attendee experience to the next level with a personalized web app experience.
To enhance your event registration experience, contact Hamilton today.