What is Event Lead Capture Technology?
Successful events provide audiences with meaningful brand experiences and deliver a strong ROI. Brand experiences produce qualitative measurements, while a strong ROI should present quantifiable results. To prove event ROI, brands need high-quality and well-documented leads. Lead capture technology is a solution that many brands rely upon to capture, qualify, and cultivate valuable contacts. If you are wondering, "what is event lead capture technology?" you have come to the right place. In this guide, we define event lead capture technology, describe the qualities and capabilities of a reliable event capture tool, and provide our recommendations for choosing the best lead capture technology.
If you are looking to learn more about lead capture systems in general, read our blog, Lead Capture System and Technology for Events: A Guide. (link to copy when published)
What is event lead capture technology?
Event lead capture technology is a digital solution for collecting information from event attendees. Event lead capture tools typically feature capabilities that locate lead data from event registrants, check-in visitors, integrate with in-house databases, and acquire meaningful customer relationships.
What makes a good event lead capture tool?
Trade shows commonly provide lead retrieval tools that allow sales representatives to scan badges, make notes, and score leads. However, a good event lead capture tool will give brands significantly more features.
That's why we created Hamilton inSIGHT®, which offers the same badge scanning and survey qualifiers as show-provided lead retrieval, plus additional key differentiators, including:
- Multi-device Compatible: For ultimate ease of use, you need a tool that works on any iOS (12.0 or higher) or Android (4.0.3 or higher) mobile device.
- Instant Lead Scoring: This feature will notify your sales representatives immediately when an exhibit visitor is a "hot lead."
- VIP Alert: Immediately upon an attendees badge scan, your sales representatives receive a notification when your VIPs enter your exhibit.
- Interest Indicator: An essential part of lead generation is understanding a visitor's engagement level. An interest indicator allows a representative to select from a predetermined list of potential interests to help qualify the lead.
- Custom Qualifiers: This feature allows brands to create custom survey questions and custom tags to help qualify your leads.
- Dynamic Literature Fulfillment: If a visitor requests a quote, document, or other collateral, you need to be able to fulfill the request immediately. With this tool, you can send attendees emails with only the information requested in real time.
- Photo Capture: Want to take a selfie with a visitor or record a note for future reference? The photo capture feature allows you to capture attendees' pictures plus save sketches, diagrams, demos, illustrations, and more.
- Lead Progress Meter: Allow your sales representatives to measure their success throughout your event. Before an event, your brand enters your lead goal and can view your progress from any device or the portal.
- Voice-to-Text Notes: The voice-to-text notes feature allows sales representatives to write notes or quickly record their thoughts and save them manually.
- Group Scan: Sometimes visitors prefer to be approached as a group. Sales representatives can scan multiple people from the same organization for easy capture.
- Engagement Integration: Brands can integrate lead capture with in-exhibit engagement activities to make the most of the visitor experience.
- Event Program Scalability: This feature allows brands to leverage across the entire event program to compare data and event performance apples-to-apples regardless of the event organizer or show venue.
- Customized CRM File: This tool formats data conforming to your brand’s CRM data requirements to help you organize, analyze, and share the information.
- Comprehensive Summary Reports and Data Export (custom formatted for your CRM) can be delivered daily and/or at the show’s close.
How to Choose the Best Event Lead Capture Technology
Many lead capture technology options are available on the market, making it somewhat overwhelming to choose just one. When selecting the best event lead capture technology, we recommend finding a tool created by a trusted industry leader with decades of experience.
Here at Hamilton, we leveraged more than 75 years of experience creating immersive brand experiences to develop our proprietary lead capture solution, Hamilton inSIGHT®.
Hamilton inSIGHT is designed to capture qualifying information from every exhibit visitor on your own device, regardless of where they are engaged in the exhibit. It includes the same badge scanning and survey qualifiers as show-provided lead retrieval, plus key differentiators such as compatibility across all mobile devices, branding opportunities, on-demand reporting dashboard, lead scoring, text alerts, image capture, in-exhibit engagement integration, custom CRM formatting, and voice-to-text notes.
To learn more, download the FREE Hamilton inSIGHT mobile app to start the demo event.
To get expert help with lead capture technology for events, contact Hamilton today!